The Website is not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from people we actually know are under 18 years of age, and no part of our Website is designed to attract people under 18 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 18 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user's Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Website and the Services.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may collect and process Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily when:
- You provide Account Information when you register or sign in to your user account with us, if applicable, in order to use certain metaxirismeno services or when you enter into any competition, promotion, prize draw or survey on the Website;
- You view or buy a product or service from a merchant listing its offers on our Website;
- You make a complaint or enquiry or provide feedback to us; or
- You make a complaint or enquiry or provide feedback to us;
We may also request optional information to support your access to the Website or Services. We will indicate where the provision of Personal Information is optional. If you choose not to provide such Personal Information you may find that some services or use of certain features or functions of the Website and/or Services are unavailable to you.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- To process the registration and maintain the use of your account;
- To offer you opportunities and allow you to participate in certain metaxirismeno services such as competitions, promotions, prize draws or surveys on the Website or to inform you of changes to any of these services;
- To help us understand what products you have viewed or purchased through the Website in order to provide a better and more personalized service to you including advising of and offering products, services, content and special offers;
- To analyze use of the Website including user demographics, interest and behavior to optimize the services we offer;
- To provide you access to the Website or Services,
- To respond to requests that you make;
- To improve the features, performance and support of the Website or Services;
We may create Non-Personal Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name or email address) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use Non-Personal Information to analyze usage patterns so that we may enhance the Website or Services. We reserve the right to use and disclose Non-Personal Information to third-parties in our discretion.
DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
- To select and trusted third parties who may use your Personal Information to serve you content that may be of interest to you;
- To other third-parties to whom you ask us to send your information, or about whom you are otherwise notified and do not request to opt out of such sharing;
- To our service provider business partners for the purpose of providing the Website and Services on our behalf, including, without limitation, to process the registration and maintain the use of your user account and to assist us in providing services to you. Such business partners are required to maintain the confidentiality of Personal Information and, unless you are otherwise advised, do not have any rights to use Personal Information that we provide to them for any purpose beyond what is necessary to assist us;
- Some aggregated information about the Website users, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters to reputable third parties but these details will not include any information personally identifying you;
- To any member of the metaxirismeno group of affiliates;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
HOW DO YOU EDIT AND DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES?
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We employ a variety of industry standard security practices and technologies and have strict internal security procedures covering the collection, storage and disclosure of Personal Information in order to help prevent unauthorized access, use and disclosure of your Personal Information and to comply with relevant European data protection laws. All Personal Information you provide to us is stored on our or our business partners' secure servers. The secure servers encrypt all Personal Information you input before it is sent to us. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Even though we have taken steps to ensure that your Personal Information is not intercepted, accessed, used, or disclosed by unauthorized persons, you should know that no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information; unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of information about you at any time, and we bear no liability for uses or disclosures of personal data or non-personal data arising in connection with the theft thereof.
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS AND HOW DO WE USE THEM?
A cookie is a small amount of information which is sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. A web beacon is a small image (usually embedded in a web page or email) that allows a web site to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies.
These tracking devices help us to gather information regarding the date and time of your visit and the solutions and information for which you searched and viewed, or on which of the advertisements displayed on the Website you clicked. This type of information is collected to tailor the experience with the Website or Services and to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us to: (a) estimate our audience size and usage pattern; (b) store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; (c) speed up your searches; and (d) recognize you when you return to our Website.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access Personal Information that we currently have on file about you. If you would like to receive a copy of your Personal Information held by us, please contact us.
In addition, certain areas of the Website and/or Services may be subject to additional privacy terms. By using such areas, or any part thereof, you agree to be bound by the additional privacy terms applicable to such areas.
POSTING PERSONAL INFORMATION ON PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE AREAS
You need to be careful when disclosing information about yourself, because information that you provide may reveal your identity. It is up to you to make sure you are comfortable with the information you choose to provide us or anyone else over the internet. Please be aware that when you voluntarily transmit or post Personal Information on public portions of the Website, that information will be displayed to anyone who has access to those postings or transmissions and can be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. A publicly accessible area of the Website is any area that is accessible by the general public and may be indexed by search engines. We cannot be responsible for Personal Information you voluntarily display, disclose or distribute on publicly accessible areas of the Website and you are solely responsible for any such Personal Information. You should never disclose Personal Information relating to any other person without their express consent.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?